Thursday 25 February 2010

Fallen in Love.

Doing the blocks for the pinwheel sampler quilt along I thought I would just test out a new purchase. I bought a new 1/4 inch foot for my Featherweight Singer and I fell in love!


I have had this machine 2-3 years it was bought off ebay as a non runner and my DH worked his magic. I have used it on and off but never been totally happy with it, it wasn't the quality of the stitch, it sews beautifully. I could never really put my finger on what was wrong with it but on Sunday I discovered what it was!
It was the foot I didn't like the little striaght stitch foot that comes with the machine and the new foot is bigger and holds the fabric better.
I am now a very happy girl and the machine has been on the table all week doing little jobs including using the ruffler to make a pleated trim for a clients cushion cover!

Talk to you soon.

Sharon

No comments: